Here’s how it works . . .
- Answer each of the questions below.
- Surf over to Flickr (see my update at the bottom) and type your answers (one at a time, duh!) into the search bar.
- From the choice of pictures shown only on the front page, click on the one that moves you.
- Once the page with your picture opens, copy the URL.
- Surf over to the Mosaic Maker, set up your mosaic, and enter your URLs.
- Click “Create!”
- What is your first name?
- What is your favorite food?
- What high school did you attend?
- What is your favorite color?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is your favorite drink?
- Where would you go on your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What do you love most in life?
- Choose one word to describe you?
- Your Flickr name? (I had to fudge this one since mine returned no results. I just signed up today for crying out loud!)
1. St. Brian of Albany Park, 2. Chex Mix, 3. Bloom Trail, 4. Denim Blue, 5. Jennifer Connelly 08, 6. More sex on the beach., 7. Morton Castle, 8. pecan pie ala mode at house of pies in la, 9. Super Grandpa, 10. pretending to be in an intellectual conversation, 11. Back from the North! / De retour du Nord!, 12. Banksy is this way Dad – come on!
TMI? Perhaps . . . I’ll let you do the work of figuring out my answers (although the photo credits should be a just a little helpful – sheesh!). I wear too much on me sleeve as it is. These images capture me here and now. Some shout with crystal clarity while others reflect a vagueness and fluidity that can’t be harnessed into a single perception. For a laid off guy with nothing but time on his hands this proved to be an enlightening exercise. Maybe I’ll send copies out with my resumé . . .
This isn’t a meme so play along only if you have the time and inclination. And let me know if you post yours . . . I’d love to see it.
[UPDATE! Apparently you need an account with Flickr for this to work. Be sure to read the comments for some other caveats and additional tips for doing this fun summer craft project.]